1. Do I need to obtain a Vietnam visa for my trip to this country?
Yes. Please be informed that a valid visa is required for all Chinese passport holders for their trip to Vietnam for any purpose, except you directly travel to Phu Quoc Island, stay there for no more than 30 days and then leave for a place outside Vietnam.
3. If I travel to Vietnam by air, how could I obtain my Vietnam Visa
If you travel to Vietnam by air, there will be 2 situations as follows:
- You directly fly to Vietnam from China Mainland; OR
- You fly from a place outside China Mainland.
If you are in the former option, you must obtain a Vietnam visa via a local embassy/consulate of Vietnam. If you are in the latter one, you can apply online for Vietnam visa on arrival. More information about procedures of these two options can be found at: https://vietnam-visa.cn/.
4. Is it easy to obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival for Chinese passport holders
Yes. If you travel to Vietnam by air from a place outside China Mainland, you can obtain a Vietnam visa on arrival easily in 3 steps as follows.
- Complete the online Vietnam visa application form and make payment of service fee;
- Get visa approval letter within 1 or 2 working days (for tourist visa) or 7 working days (for business visa);
- Get visa stamped upon arrival at Vietnam airport.
5. How much I need to pay to get full Visa on arrival
To get a full Vietnam visa on arrival, you need to pay two kinds of fee as follows:
1. Service fee means the fee service users need to pay to Vietnam-visa.cn for processing visa application and returning Vietnam Visa Approval Letter issued by Vietnam Immigration Department to your email;
2. Stamping fee means the fee to be paid by cash directly to Immigration Officer at Noi Bai, Tan Son Nhat or Da Nang International Airport to get visa stamped on your passport.
While the service fee may vary depending on number of applicants in the group and kind of service the applicant wishes to use, the stamping fee is fixed by Vietnam Ministry of Finance and compulsory for all those who use visa on arrival service.
Details of total cost for Vietnam visa on arrival for Chinese can be found at https://vietnam-visa.cn/#visa-fee-instruction.